Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Garden Squiggles" another idea for Garden Ornaments

Although this isn't a mosaic I thought that I would share it too. I buy many of the glass beads for my mosaic work in large mixed lots and since I only use glass beads in my mosic work I end up with TONS of plastic beads.  Some are put to good use by my granddaughers when they come to visit but I was looking for a good way to use them up so here it is.  This isn't my own idea - saw one similar on a garden tour this Spring.  I call mine a garden squiggle because I can't seem to leave the wire straight!

This close up should give you a better idea of what it looks like.  The stake is a hollow piece of copper tubing about 4 feet tall.  I bought 16 guage steel wire and strung plastic beads on the pieces of wire.  The ends of the wire are inserted in the copper tubing and then I just coiled the wires to make them look more interesting.  My photos are not too good - this really sparkles in the sun.  It is a fun way to use up non mosaic supplies.  They would also be pretty made with glass beads and would probably hold up longer in our brutal Texas weather!

1 comment:

garden ornaments said...

It is really a wonderful ornament for your garden decoration.